Sunday 25 January 2015



Egwuekwe denies Hapoel Tel Aviv move

The towering Super Eagles defender has rubbished claims that he is now a player with the Israeli Premier League outfit
Nigeria international Azubuike Egwuekwe has denied reports in the media that he had sealed a move to Hapoel Tel Aviv from Nigeria Premier League side, Warri Wolves.
"Nigerian Egwuekwe Azubuike landed in Israel in the morning and signed after passing medical tests earlier this week,” the Israeli side announced on their website on Friday with the defender putting on the club’s number three jersey, but Egwuekwe has come out openly to describe the report as false saying he was shocked with congratulatory messages that filled his social media networks.
He also stated that he had intended to meet with Israeli club  representatives for talks but desisted because of their insincerity.

"I've not signed any contract with any club in Israel. I arrived Israel yesterday and we were going to
 have talks with them (club) after our training today (Saturday), “ Egwuekwe told Radio Nigeria.

"If they are not saying something good that is going to benefit. Then, I will decide to return to Nigeria. What I did yesterday was that I trained for 20 minutes with the team and after they took me to the hotel and I called my national teammate to come and take me out.

"I started hearing news all over Nigeria that I've signed for Hapoel Tel Aviv.I was even surprised when people were sending me congratulatory messages to me on Facebook.
"I have not signed for any club and for now I'm still a Warri Wolves player. Maybe after today or tomorrow
 with whatever discussion have, then I can announce to the press that I've signed for the club,” he continued.

"The way things are going, I'm not sure I'm going to continue with them because they are not serious and sincere about what they are doing.

"My club even are even angry with me that why will I go  and sign without informing them. I told them that I did not sign anything. But nobody is going to believe me," he concluded.
The 2014 Fifa World Cup Brazil star has also been linked with a move to two English teams, Watford and West Ham United.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Design by NewWpThemes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates | NewBloggerThemes.com Privacy Policy